Eligiblе companies are thоѕе registered in Tаnzаniа with Buѕinеѕѕ Registrations аnd Liсеnѕing Agency (BRELA). Those buѕinеѕѕеѕ will аlѕо nееd tо dеmоnѕtrаtе being in роѕѕеѕѕiоn оf a valid buѕinеѕѕ liсеnѕе.
Members are deemed eligible to be part of the association based on criteria ranging from qualification, relevant work experience for individuals and relevant project experience for companies, evidence of indigenous identity for individuals and evidence of local business registration for companies or locally registered credible partners in the case of international companies.
Companies working in areas such as construction or contractor services that require professional registration with relevant bodies will need to provide evidence of their registrations.
Membership of the association will include companies across the full value chain of the activities in the oil and gas sector. The following is cross section of companies expected to form part of the membership base;
Companies and Organisations that are Directly Involved in the Sector
- Manufacturers and material suppliers (e.g. pipeline, personal protective equipments, fittings, equipment, lubricants, industrial chemicals, etc.)
- Construction companies (mechanical, civil, building, electrical, including specialised works contractors)
- Pipe laying companies especially for oil and gas fields
- Equipment providers (e.g. pressure reduction, metering, valves, PIG instrumentation, telemetry systems, communication systems etc.)
- Surveying (e.g. terrain mapping, seismic)
- Operation and maintenance companies
- Marine engineering
- Health and Safety
- Consultancies (both engineering consultancies as well as general purpose consultancies)
- Inspection, certification, testing and verification
- Law firms
- Clearing and forwarding
Companies or Institutions that are Involved with the Sector Indirectly through the Wider Oil & Gas Value Chain
- Private security and emergency services
- Property management
- Building services
- Educational institutions
- Training centres
- Courier services
- Clearing and forwarding services
- Events management
This will allow opportunity for individuals who are already in some way engaged in the sector or with particular interest in the sector and wanting to gain the membership benefits to be part of the association.
This will specifically be aimed at trying to provide individuals access to the formal aspects of the sector in terms of gaining knowledge, opportunity for employment or career advancement and access to the significant market players for business development opportunities.
This category would specifically be targeting the following groups;
- Student of engineering disciplines at higher education
- Professionals already working in some capacity in the sector
- Individuals running their own business that would like to engage with the oil and gas value chain
Being part of ATOGS will enable members to enjoy the following benefits:
- Online platform that will provide member only access to premium information
- Access to regular updates on information about the projects and specific potential opportunities available
- Specification and standards information from the project sponsors for various aspects of work required
- Information on member database to allow for opportunity for partnerships not only for Tanzanian companies, but potentially Ugandan companies through AUGOS
- Access to local international training institutions that ATOGS will have partnerships with going forward
- Access to networking and stakeholder engagement events with important policy and decision makers in government to provide feedback and input on policy direction
Membership Types & Fee Structure
|Type||Description||Once-off Registration Cost||Monthly Fee|
|Ordinary Membership (without voting rights at AGM)||Companies or institutions that are directly or indirectly involved with the sector.||2,200,000||176,000|
|Voting Membership||Companies or institutions that are directly or indirectly involved with the sector.||2,200,000||220,000|
Process for payment
Once we have received your information, we will get in-touch to complete the verification process and process the fee payment.
Information to Enhance ATOGS as an Organisation
How did you hear about ATOGS?
What is your expectation as a member of ATOGS?
Send us an email at [email protected]
Ground Floor – Kilwa House
369 Toure Drive
Dar es Salaam
Get In Touch
Tel: +255 (0)22 229 6000
Mob: +255 746 376 306